Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Monday, October 13, 2014

October 6

Good evening,

This past week was full of surprises. Tuesday we had an amazing Mission Conference. We learned about Repentance and changing our lives to be more like our Savior Jesus Christ.

Wednesday we returned and we had a surprise party for Elder Pinheiro.
It was super special. Thursday we started packing up Elder Pinheiro's bags and worked. Friday we went to Aracati and we had another surprise by the Sisters in Aracati. We returned on a bus to a city about an hour and a half from our house. After that our other bus didn't have seats and we were left stranded. (Idea!) We wrote "RUSSAS" on a piece of Cardboard and started asking for a ride. Like i said the other day.
Cars never stop to give rides here in CearĂ¡ it almost never happens.
We waited for 10 mins and then Elder Pinheiro looked at me as to say "duuh". He said ," Elder, Did you pray?" I responded "no". Realizing i had been relying on our luck and not on the Lord i said a quiet prayer and when i looked up Elder Pinheiro was still looking up at me. He said" Did you pray for a Car or a Semi?" . I realizing i hadn't asked for either said another prayer and asked for a Semi (It would be a lot more interesting). I ended my prayer and in just short 5 mins a Semi pulled over and offered a ride. Miracles Happen.

Later on Friday Night we had a super FESTA for Elder Pinheiro. It went super well. I ended up crying :P.


Saturday we listened to our dear leaders talk and give talks. Sunday we also listened to our Prophet and dear Apostles.The Talks were absolutely wonderful and if you didn't have the chance to see them watch them.. I had the chance to watch them in Portugese which made it even more interesting when The Seventy spoke in Portugese. I understood everything and was very happy for that talk. :)


Sunday night we left for Fortaleza and early this morning we said goodbye and i went to the Bus Station. I met my new companion whose name is ELDER FLORES.(Elder Flowers).

He reminds me of Josh(My Brother). He is a Brazzilian from The Very South of Brazil. He is from Rio Grande Do Sul. I hope t ohave many great times with him. He is on his mission for 1 year and 9 months. He may end his mission with me! :D


Thats all for this week! For those who didn't have the chance to watch conference, it's amazing!

Love Elder Riches


Brazil Fortaleza East Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment