Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Como Vocês estão? 


Life in Brasil is great! We had 6 people in The Church yesterday and we are planning on a baptism this week. We are teaching many families and progressing! 

 We are teaching a Family of 4 right now. Neudo and his family are Catholic (Like everyone) but their relative was baptised just a few weeks ago. They are very interested in the church and acepted baptism very quickly. It was amazing to see their dedication. I taught the Word Of Wisdom with my companhion Elder Giorgetti and we asked them if they had any problems with any of the items listed (Alchool, Smoking, Drugs, Black Tea, Or Coffee). They responded "Coffee"... I was afraid that like other investagators they would be kept from baptism just because they love Coffee. I asked them if they would be willing to leave coffee and never touch it again. They hisitated and then responded, "Yes". -Spark of faith bursted in my heart- I responded after a moments pause.. "Would be willling to give me your coffee you have in your house so that it doesn't tempt you?" They responded again in the Positive. It brought a smile to my face to see the mother walk out of the house towards us with her coffee in hand. They really want to be baptised.. We will baptised them on the 21st of June. I can't wait. 

We also found out that as part of the World Cup. We as missionaries can't leave the house (Even for Lunch) on the Day when Brasil Will Play. We will have more or less 13 P-days This Transfer. I will be making a lot of pizza haha.. I am glad i learned how! 

I am loving brazil and this wonderful area as well this language. I hope to continue learning and growing. I know God and Jesus Christ live. I know The Book of Mormon is True, I know Jospeh Smith was a Prophet and that this being true President Thomas S. Monson is the rightful man Called of God to be our Prophet. 

Love Forever,

Elder Riches





No comments:

Post a Comment