Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Monday, July 21, 2014

Good morning or afternoon or good night depending where you are in the wide wonderful world.

My companion and I have been blessed this week with 3 firm baptisms. 2 Teens walked in our chapel one night when i was teaching English which went amazing by the way. We marked a date after conversing with them to teach them more lessons. They gladly accepted and they went home.
Gladeson and David
 We had met them in the chapel again to do more lessons and they accepted baptism for they 26th. I am so happy for them. They are loving the lessons. We are doing almost all of our lessons with members now.

 The ward is progressing a ton. Our Stake President, President GuimarĂ£es, visited us sunday. I loved his talk on raising a family in the gospel.

We were introduced by a member Lunara. She is a Girl about 19 years old and she is super interested in the gospel. She readily accepted baptism and has attened every single activity and sacrament meeting since she recieved the gospel in her life. We are planning a party for her and her baptism. :) This saturday the 26th as well.

  Elder Pinheiro and I are brothers now as we are working super hard. It seems as if nothing can get us down. We are always super tired. We woke up at 4 in the morning saturday to go to Aracati. We visited the Sisters there. There is 4. S. Westover(American), S. Mobley(American), S. Flores(Peru), S. Lopez(Equador). 4 Wonderful Sisters. It must be crazy in their house. With all the cultures there.


We are having success here in Russas and it seems like the Lord has been waiting to bless this ward for sometime. All the members are turning on like light bulbs as if working in the church is something new to them. I'm loving it.

Life is super good here. I will be making pancakes with a return missionary here who speaks English perfectly. We will be working super hard with the members here to increase the wards active member number.
We have 369 members and only 100 something "active" (80).

We will be watching Saints and Soldiers with everyone in the church building Saturday night. We are doing the English class and Movie night and all of that in hopes of getting more people in the church.
It is working. :) Wooh!

I will send some photos if i can. :) I bought glasses with no degrees.
I use them when i teach in the chapel. Hehe #Nerd <3

I taught an amazing lesson for our Gospel Principles class on the Sabbth Day Observance. It went super well. :)  I finsihed Alma and I am almost done with Helaman.

I know The Chruch of Jesus Christ of The Latter Day Saints is the only church on this entire Earth the contains the fullness of the gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I know The Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I know that our prophet Thomas S. Monson is a man ispired of God and has the keys of God's holy preistood. I know that no matter what the past holds agaisnt you, the Saviour gave his life so that we can change. I know that we find a happiness within the Church of Jesus Christ that can be found in no other place. We are children of our loving heavenly father. He lives.

I love each and every single one of you.

Elder James Eldon Riches

No comments:

Post a Comment