Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Monday, February 10, 2014

OK yea huge culture shock. First off. This computer does not speak English. 

What happened you may ask.. I will tell you! 

So we had a huge 15 hour in field training in the CTM it was in 100% Portuguese... 
Next! We get on a plane to Fortaleza and fly for 4 hours. super fun! I gave out a Livro De Mormon and taught my first lesson! :) 
We landed and suddenly.. there was sun.. i mean SUN. 
It was awesome. I met President Fusco and President Sousa of the Fortaleza Missao. They are amazing! 
I then had a training for 3 days and i was able to live by the beach at that time. Super fun.
I met my companion and my trainer. Elder Michelotti! He doesn´t speak English.. Only one person speaks English and that's another American in my Casa.
So my area... My new area is a little town in the middle of no-where called Araripina. 40 thousand people. 
We left on a bus Thursday night and drove 16 hours to Araripina... I have seen more of Brazil than i ever thought i would. 
Its so beautiful.. I could see for hundreds of miles. The people here are amazingly receptive. we have a small group of 25 or so members. We have 6 missionaries in the same house. 
No one speaks English and No one knows about the Gospel. Its amazing because i am challenged to learn faster. I have gone a few days now teaching lessons and talking to everyone on the street and everything. Its apparently weird for people in Brazil to say hello. I say hello to everyone!!! And i mean Everyone! My companions think i am nuts! But i love it and it makes people smile which makes my day. :) 
We ran out of water so we went 2 days without showers or other things... the food is so crazy/weird/good. I am getting used to it. :) 

So i am with a ton of people who don´t speak English. OR DO THEY!? Every Saturday night Elder Gardner and I teach English! Yea! Its sooo Cool! I love it and i love seeing people feel the Spirit. We have a Baptism set and we are trying to get Carlos and Joanna to commit to Baptism as well.. They will :).


I love it here!  i love the constant 90F weather. I love the Humidity. I love the People. I love my Companion. I love my opportunity to serve here. :) I thank God for helping me as many times as i can. Here are some pictures... These include some in Sao Paulo, on the way to Fortaleza, Fortaleza, on the way to Araripina, and in Araripina.










No comments:

Post a Comment