Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

How is everyone?!!? 

So great week this week! We had 2 more baptisms! Our group will soon be a branch! We have been teaching a ton! 
I am loving it here in Brazil! I can´t wait until i can speak fluently. Most of the time people understand me. Then sometimes i get a person when i ask them a question like this...

-----------------------------------------------------
Person: Where are you from?
Me: Guess! :) 
Person: ahhh Cool! 
Me: ..........................Guess! 
Person: Huh? (He is still talking to me?) 
Me: Guess where i am from... (Friend of the person says what i am saying in a slightly better accent).
Person: OOHHHH! Argentina? 
Me: Oo
Me: Eu Sou Dos Estados Unidos.
Person: Oh Cool!.................. Ummm.......... Can I have a picture with you? 
Me: Of Course!
Person: Awesome Thanks! 
Me: Can We Teach You? 
Person: Yes! :D
-----------------------------------------------------
Bam Pesquisador! 

 Yea that happens about everyday. Its fun! I love it! We had dinner with the only active member here. He was a Stake President.  We talked about how churches down here have strayed off from the path so much. I got a 3 min recording of a guy screaming at 250 people about jerusulem and the city of corinthians. I understand about 8 words. But it was pretty interesting... we got invited to the EFY for another church. It was  3 day church thing during carnival. We went on the last day for 1 hour. It was very interesting. The Spirit was not there but everyone in the crowd thought it was. They began screaming back. Scared me a bit but i recovered. ;) 

I have learned how to make a ton of food. I love making Pastels for our house. 

I love Jeff R Holland I have been listening to some talks by him.

Elder Riches

James and his companion that just went home

James and his new companion

a kind of fruit they eat down there. (he wasn't sure of the name)

Lake that they did their baptisms in 

No comments:

Post a Comment