Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Monday, April 14, 2014

Hello All! 

This week has been going well. We have many investagators and many baptisms set. 

I love this country. I can´t believe how fast time is passing. One goal i will accomplish in the next couple weeks is that 4 days ago i began reading in Portuguese, The Book of Mormon. I arrived at chapter 3 of 2nd Nephi this morning. I am taking time to mark the scriptures and read each verse. I am reading so fast because every 5 mins i have, I read. I find it so fascinating that i can read in another language. I can´t wait to read today. I take the Book Of Mormon with me everywhere. 
I love this gospel. We had one interesting experience when we encountered a pastore. Of another Church. She questioned us about the Book of Mormon. She tried to say that it is wrong and that we are wrong and that we should leave. I told her with every ferver of my soul in my testimony that any person that has an open heart and faith will read this book and then i bore my testimony about the promise of Moroni, that if anyone should read these things they should pray to God in the Name of Jesus, and question if these things which he/she read are not true. 
I told her that she can not throw the Book of Mormon in the trash before reading it. I promised her she would know that these things are true. She accepted it and we left. I can only pray she has a heart soft enough to change her entire life to believe in the one true Church of Jesus Christ. 

It hurts me to think that my investagators will not even go to church to  try. Each time they don´t complete comprissos i blame it on my lack of teaching ability. I need to teach stronger. I need to teach with the Holy ghost. I need to bear my testimony with every ounce of faith i have. Then, if they don´t commit. They will have to explain to God in the Heavens why, when he sent us, they did not even care or want to know. 


I love this gospel. I will never be able to deny the miracles that are happening on the Earth every day we live. 
Thank you, my wonderful friends for your beautiful emails and testimonys. I love to read them and i love to hear about the States. 


Everyone have a great week! I leave you with the Inspired Beautiful Words of Elder Holland. 

"If you have made covenants, keep them. If you haven’t made them, make them. If you have made them and broken them, repent and repair them. It is never too late so long as the Master of the vineyard says there is time. Please listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit telling you right now, this very moment, that you should accept the atoning gift of the Lord Jesus Christ and enjoy the fellowship of His labor. Don’t delay. It’s getting late. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

Love you all without end,
Elder James Riches 
Fortaleza East Mission Brazil

Limeiro Do Norte

No comments:

Post a Comment