Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dear Everyone,

I leave in 12 days to Fortaleza! This is INSANE! Time is ticking down. I did an English Fast and went the entire day without speaking one word of English. Needless to say.. I did it! I know I know. You are all like.. Elder Riches speaks Portuguese? Sai Fora D'Aqui. Its so cool. I love this language! I see it as a rollercoaster ride. at first i was slowly climbing up but now i have began making up my own sentences and now i can carry on conversations from beginning till end. I also love singing in portuguese and spending time with Brazileros. I went prociliting for the first time and it was the scariest thing i have ever done. I can't wait to do it again!! There were these guys on some weird drugs or something. They were so fun to talk to, i gave one a book of mormon. He kept saying Carolina over and over. I hope he feels better later...

Life in Sau Paulo is great! It rains every other day and its about 80-100 degrees here at all times. Every single person i have met says that where i am going is super duper hot. I can't wait!
 I am coming home looking like a Mexican or an African i haven't decided yet. If i could show you pictures you could see how dark i am getting haha. This is awesome. I love the super weird food here and the wonderful friendly people.

 If you, any of you, would like to mail me. I have 12 days left here and i don't know how long it takes to get down here. BUT I will get it in Forteleza. You can google the Mission home in forteleza, for the Fortaleza East Mission. Send it there and they will hold it till i get there. Sorry i don't know it. (its on the top of his blog) 
That works for everyone else. Then put a sticker of Jesus or Saint Mary on it or it has a 30-50% Chance of never making it here. :/ Yea that happens. Alot.
I have heard it takes anywere from 4-24 days for mail to get here. I was sent a letter from my mom 4 weeks ago and still haven't recieved it.
Well My time is coming to a close. I love you all and will email you next week! I have 12 days until i leave.
Eu Amo Voces Sempre!

-Elder Riches

No comments:

Post a Comment