Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wooo! This has been a crazy week! I have been dealing with some muito minor depression as all my known Brazilian Friends leave to their missions. :( BUT! I got a bunch of novo missionaries in the MTC today. I love seeing Greenies because it reminds me of the excitement and awe i felt as i entered the MTC. Such wonderful times, twas so long ago. Then... I realized i have literally only been on my mission for 4 weeks... i leave in 19 days to Fortaleza. I seriously need to buckle down. I have read through the PMG, I wish i could show you it. Its marked up sosossososos much. I tied it to the scriptures As Much As Possible. I am trying to read the entire Livro De Mormon before i leave. I can now read in Portuguese. I went to the Temple this morning and I could understand most of it. :) THE TEMPLE... SO MUCH BEAUTY. I honestly wish i could stay in the Temple all day long and just pray and read my scriptures. I have never found a place more spiritually uplifting or Amazing as a Temple. I love it there. I also love new people and learning new things about the gospel. :) Its so wonderful to know that i am going to change people's lives by giving them the restored gospel. I have been feeling the Spirit more and more as i pray and read. The information somehow comes to me. Like the promise in D&C If you treasure up the words of Christ in your hearts, the spirit will guide to to know what to say when you need it, ye even in the very second." Something like that. Either way! I know that that promise is so true. :)


So in other news! This Sunday i was made the District Leader again! This means i have had 3 companions and been District Leader TWICE In the first 4 weeks of my mission..... But the mission is going amazing, i am saying hello to everyone i can and in about 10 mins i get to go shopping on the streets and hang out outside the MTC for 3 hours. I have my BOM, gonna convert people! :) I go like serious Proselyting Friday. I get 3 BOMS and i get to go out and share the Gospel for real.. INSANE RIGHT!? I love it. My companion is a lot of fun and my district is coming together.

Craziest thing.. Working out?? It works.. I have been working out for 1 hour almost every day and i lost 8 pounds in 3-4 days. Finally i can do 100 sit ups without getting out of breathe.. I am working on my running so i can be fit to serve the Lord and the People in Fortaleza.

I love you all soooo much and i can't wait to hear back from you. :) Sorry if i don't respond directly back to your emails. I love reading them but i only have 30 mins to email. :( So i need to hurry.

I wish you all the best!
Elder Riches

Tchau! 

No comments:

Post a Comment