Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

OI meu pessoas! Como Vi?!
So Some cool things happened this week. I am officially friends with every administrator in the CTM... Sounds like high school all over again. i know.

If any of you remember Matthew Peay or Nathaniel Peay, I met a brand new Elder Smittenaar Super cool Elder. Thing is Take matt and Nathaniel, put them together and you have excatly what you think. With views, physical shape, likes, what he likes to watch. Everything. Super cool. :) -For Sister Peay (miss you and the family)!

I have 5 days left in the CTM. I leave next tuesday morning some time around 4 AM to Forteleza it will be something aroudn a 5 hour flight. I went to the Temple this morning. Got some good pictures for you mom! :) I made letters for Kayla, Ben, Rachel, and Cory. I will send them to you today. It should be around 10-15 days before you see them. :/

So i can now read the Livro De Mormon in Portuguese. I have been practicing constantly and i am able to tell you what any scripture is talking about. I tested my ability.. (scariest moment of my life..) So we had a class on sunday with the Brand New President of the CTM, President Swensen. He was asking different people to read in my row and i was next. I only had my Portuguese Bom and Bible so i started to read the verse in my head over and over. When i was confident, he called on me. I read it. I was 2 words off.. He corrected me but it was so awesome to be able to do that. Yes i was shaking and maybe sweating. It was either that or the fact that it was 95 degrees out side.. :P

Its so amazing here. We have two of our Investagators confirmed and almost ready for baptism. One is depressed and she keeps complaining.. I want to show her a Holland Talk.. The other (Wallace) super cool guy. I love him. He is really excited about "Joining the church" (These are fake investagators, until you go to teach them.) As soon as we go into their room to teach them the whole place changes... It seems so real.


Its scary to think i will be in Forteleza in 5-6 days and have a companion that does not speak English and to be in a whole city that does not speak English. I also found out that in Brazil missionaries don't really have a Dinner. Tu Bom. its muito estranho. Mas i am very excited for the whole thing and i can't wait to show everyone pictures next week. :)

The more and more i study the Gospel the more i want to live it for the rest fo my life. I wish i would have done this kind of studying before my mission. MOM, you gave me a choice to study PMG. Don't give Ben and Cory a choice. It helps peoples lives to much. They need to study it.

Our new president is super cool. He speaks Fluent Spanish, Portuguese, and English. I love him. :)

I love The Lord and I love All of You. I wish the best for each and every single one of you. :)

Love,

Elder Riches

No comments:

Post a Comment