Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Friday, January 10, 2014

Woot! I just went to the Sao Paulo Temple! It was soooo amazing! Very Beautiful and muito ligao! I have been going a few days speaking only Portuguese! Just Kidding.. :P I go about 80% of the day speaking pure Portuguese. I taught a 40 min lesson to a member with my third companion in 3 weeks we went the whole 40 without any pauses for the first time! I am growing so fast in the language i can do pretty much anything. I can do Sunday talks, read scriptures, sing all the Hinos, and i can have Start-To-Finish pure Portuguese Conversations!    Because i am progressing so fast in the language and study skills. I have turned every bit of my attention now to the Gospel. I am reading the Book Of Mormon in 29 days and i have a plan for it all written out so i can accomplish it.... Remember Kids. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail! -True Statement. So we had a 70 come speak to us and it was pretty awesome, he spoke Soul Portuguese but nevertheless. It was nice. :) We also saw a video by Jeffery R. Holland and man... Mom, You Sound Just Like Him. (Now I know where she got all her phrases). He said and i quote, "You Have NO RIGHT To Be Any Less Than What The LDS Children Believe A Missionary Should Be!!!" Needless to say. It hit home. Mom can you put together an envelope of what the kids think a Missionary should be? I remember my childhood view on a missionary, "Hero, Amazing, Epic, and many more words..." I have always wanted to be a missionary and now i am here. :) The Food is super super super good, (even though its very weird..) Rice and Beans every day. I sweat all night and all day. So yes, i have lost weight. Lol. I have never wanted to be out sharing the Gospel more than right now. I just imagine myself like a super excited Dog on a chain and the owners can barely hold onto me. The second I am released i am going to attack Forteleza with the Gospel. I have already given out a pass along card to some of my friends on the plane.(Yes, anyone within 5 seats knew who i was and what i was doing. I think i enjoyed it more than they did. I had a ton of fun talking to everyone and learning words.)                                                                                                                                                                                                                  So in other news! I just went shopping out in the lone world of Brazil. I said OI! to everyone.. I talked to a ton of people and bought a couple cool things with my reias! :) I love it here!                   Elder Oyston!!! You Lost your bag? Que Nao Bom! Desculpa! Qual Missao? Leste,Nordeste, Sou, o Weste? Eu nao sei. Eu saida o CTM em tres semanas!!!!!!! Serio! It would be so awesome to see you! So i was told that not only is my mission like.. Moito Quente. I also get moito moito Batizados! They said my arm would be super big by the time my mission is over. haha. Mom I am super glad all is well in Tennessee! Eu amo Portuguese. Eu sei que o Livro De Mormon e verdadero e igrecia e verdadero! Eu sei que Jesus Cristo is meu Salvador. :) I can't send pictures on these computers. Sorry I will take many and send them to you all! If you have any questions about what it is like, please ask! I love hearing from you all. It makes my week! :) Tell the kids i said Oi! Por Favor. Eu amo meu familia. :) I am looking forward to reading your emails and awesome questions next week! My next P-Day is on Wednesday because of a mix up. :) Tchau Tchau! 

No comments:

Post a Comment