Mission Home Address:

Mission Home Address:
Elder James Eldon Riches
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission
Rua Republica da Armenia,765
Agua Fria
60821-760 Fortaleza-Ce
Brazil

Monday, January 6, 2014

Dec 24, 2013

Hey Everyone!!!! This is my first Email!
 First i want to say.... WOW! The Spirit here at the MTC and the love from my District is off the charts. I love this place!
I never thought that people had been telling the truth when they said " The second you get there you hit the ground running and you never stop."  Man was i wrong. It feels like i have been here for about a year and a half.  I guess the reason would be that I have never used every second of my day to do something before. Now coming here it is crazy because there is no rest. There is no break. Its constant work and study and learning. My testimony has grown exponentially. I cannot imagine a better place to be in the entire Earth rather than here in the MTC.  OK...Maybe the Sao Paulo MTC. ;)
 So the first day we got here was a rush, we went here then there I can't imagine how much of a greeny I looked like.. I was wide-eyed and smile faced the entire day. I met my companion, Elder Padilla. He is awesome. Then I met my District... They are amazing!!!!!!!!!
 Elders Rosado, West, Padilla, Gardner, Monk, Hackney, Mcgaughy, Spencer, Lawrence, and Elder Riches!!! So the next day we had a Branch Meeting. We all bore our testimonies and shared info about ourselves. Immediately after, Elder Baker in the other District, Sister Call in the other District, and myself  were all called out of the room. We were all given leadership over our Districts. So on the second day i was already District Leader! I am so thankful for this position because it helps me stay on track because i know people are looking up to me.
 Eu sei que o livro de mormon e egrasia a verdadero! Eu amor Nos Pai Celestial! Eu Grato por mei Companheiros em o evangelho!

I am working on my testimony and praying and speaking in general. My goals for our District are
1. No English in the apartment at the beginning of week 3.
2. We pray every morning and every night in Soul Portuguese. ( We already do that :D. )
3. We do exercise every morning and night, and go to bed at 10:29.


This is an amazing story which should strengthen your testimonies as it did mine.
As DL i get the mail for my District every day. Well on day 2, Thursday Dec.19, When i went to get the mail, Bam! One Visa In the Box! I found out later that the other District had gotten 3 Visas! So that's 4 Visas in one day. Now this may not sound like a lot but think of this. The other districts that have been here for 5 plus weeks have gotten 1 maybe 2-3 Visas during their entire time here. We, the 2 new Districts got 4 in one day. Which was unheard of. The Branch President, President Neilson, Was Astounded! Little did we know, when i went to check the mail box the next day. KaBoom!!! Three More Visas!!! So now a total of 7 members of our Branch out of 19 are leaving. 2 Sisters and 5 Elders. They are leaving to Sao Paulo on December the 26th at 4:30 A.M! Crazy Right? The Coolest part is. I predicted a couple of them. Truth is, i prayed that my District would receive their Visas if The Lord found that he needed them down in Sao Paulo. I am so thankful my prayer was answered. It was definitely a Testimony Builder.
 So that is the amazing Miracle that occurred here.
 I know that it was a miracle because i was told.

 Obedience brings Blessings. Exact obedience brings Miracles. I strive ever so much to be exact in my obedience to make sure that my District is the best it can possibly be.

 I wish you all a Merry Christmas! I will be able to email tomorrow and i can't wait to either! I love you all and pray that you will remember the true meaning of Christmas as we go through this season. I will be sending letters today. I hope you all get them quick. I will not be able to send to all. I hope this simple email will suffice. :) Again I love all of you so much. I Know The Gospel Is True And I Know That God Lives. I know that the Book of Mormon is True and that The Church is true.

 Love,
 Elder Riches.

No comments:

Post a Comment